24 Might 2022, Geneva, Switzerland
On the situation of Member States convening at the Environment Wellness Assembly in Geneva, the WHO Regional Office for Europe, jointly with the WHO Regional Places of work for Africa and the Japanese Mediterranean, is inviting overall health ministers and representatives of the WHO European, African and Eastern Mediterranean Regions and companions to a panel dialogue and dialogue on refugee and migrant wellbeing.
The celebration aims to:
- translate the outcomes of the High-amount conference on well being and migration in March 2022 into action
- fortify the tri-regional collaboration on the health of refugees and migrants and
- include refugee and migrant voices in the discussion.
“Good overall health and nicely-becoming should really be a truth for all of us, no make any difference where you arrive from and what standing you have. To make this occur, it is crucial to get the job done throughout regions and to consist of refugee and migrant perspectives,” explains Dr Hans Henri P Kluge, WHO Regional Director for Europe.
Translating the new consensus into action
In March 2022 WHO/Europe brought collectively 31 ministers, delegates from in excess of 50 nations from three locations, refugee and migrant representatives, the European and African Union, United Nations companies, as very well as other intercontinental companions to a higher-stage meeting on overall health and migration in Istanbul, Turkey.
With each other they agreed on five priority steps to increase the health and fitness and effectively-being of refugees and migrants.
- Make sure that migrants and refugees have universal health coverage.
- Implement inclusive health and fitness emergency policies.
- Market social inclusion and reduce inequalities amongst folks.
- Strengthen migration wellness governance and data collecting.
- Assist new partnerships and modern techniques of doing work.